This is my list of 10 things you should do before you leave Florence. What’s on your top ten list. What have I left out? Email FlorenceForFun with your top ten email@example.com
1. Climb the Cupola (dome) of the Duomo on a clear day with your camera.
2. See Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia Gallery.
3. Go on a Wine Tasting Tour in Chianti.
4. Eat Pappardelle al cinghiale (wild boar).
5. Catch the No. 7 bus to Fiesole for sunset. Take a bottle of champagne with the girls and sit at the look-out near the monastery.
6. Cooking Class for fun. Make your own pasta. Eat what you have cooked.
7. Fiorentina Football match at the stadium.
8. Go to the central food market. It is full of colours and characters and the freshest food you have ever tasted.
9. Have a gelato from Carabe’ in Via Ricasoli. Great gelato and traditional sicilian grantitas.
10. Embrace Aperitivo. Pre-dinner drinks the Italian way with a free food buffet. Try Angels in Via Proconsolo.
As I (sadly) finish up my final days in Florence, I’ve been reflecting on the lessons I’ve learned and the memories I’ve