Day Trip From Florence To
Five (Cinque) villages, suspended between sea and land, a place where you can immerse yourself into paradise, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
After departing early from Florence, you will arrive at the first village – MANAROLA. This land dates back to the early thirteenth century and is famous for its historic character and local wine. Admire the brightly colored homes leaning one against another and stroll along the narrow cobblestone alleyways. Your guide will point you in the direction of a famous lookout point, where you can find one of Cinque Terre’s loveliest views – an Instagrammer’s dream!
Then, you will reach VERNAZZA by 10 minute train. This is one of the most colorful and photographed fishing villages of the area, where you will have free time to sit on the tiny harbor and relax, breathing in the atmosphere of this unique area out of time.
Next, head to MONTEROSSO by train… You will be awed by this ancient fishing village considered “The Pearl of the Cinque Terre.” You will have plenty of free time to enjoy its enchanting sand beaches as well as the lush vegetation encircling the little town. You will have free time to plunge into the crystal sea and sunbathe as well as grab a local lunch.
You will then take a boat to your last destination: as you sail along the coastline, you will have the privilege to admire the villages from a different perspective, the sea! Feel the breeze on your skin and enjoy stunning panoramic views.
Once arrived at the last stop, RIOMAGGIORE, you will have some free time to explore the striking seaside town surrounding a small, natural port. Before heading back to Florence, enjoy the views of the late afternoon sun shining through the brightly colored homes.
An unmissable excursion where pastel colored houses, blue cobalt sea, and panoramic views are your travel companions.
- Roundtrip journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Free time in the villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Monterosso, Vernazza (the only Cinque Terre village not included in the itinerary is Corniglia)
- Free time to take a swim in the sea
- Motor vessel tickets and train tickets – not included in the semi independent option
- Guided tour of the villages – Kindly note that your tour leader will give explanations during the bus trip, while at each village you will be given free time for independent sightseeing
- Kindly note that the semi independent option does not include train and boat tickets
- English and Spanish languages are always guaranteed. In order to confirm the excursion in French, German, Italian or Portuguese a minimum of 4 pax is required
- In the case of bad weather or rough sea, the boat between Monterosso and Riomaggiore will not operate. In this case, the boat will be replaced by a train route
- Please note that the boat ride will be available from April 1st until October 31st
- Kindly note that the bus will drop off at the first village of Cinque Terre National Park or in the town of La Spezia. Then you will travel between villages by train and boat. You will return to your bus at the end of the day to make your way back to Florence
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
DURATION: 12.5 hours
From Our Blog
REGULAR TOURS – GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tours can be performed in various languages.
Clients are requested to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the tour departure.
No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the meeting point at the set time or to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the tour.
Free cancellation within 48 hours prior the tour departure, unless noted otherwise.
Please note that all the tours by train are not refundable once booked.
CANCELLATION BY THE TOUR OPERATOR
When, for any reason, the Tour Operator cancels the excursion, the client has the right to claim reimbursement, only of the sum paid.
In case of unforeseen circumstances (strikes, road conditions, weather, etc) Ciaoflorence may modify the itinerary with alternative solutions maintaining the duration and quality of the service.
Any complaint by the client must be communicated in writing to Ciaoflorence staff within and no later than 10 business days after the date of the tour.
Complaints or disputes that cannot be resolved amicably between the client and the Tour Operator, shall be referred to the Florence Court.