Day Trip From Florence To
Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti
Crossing over the beautiful Chianti hills, you will first arrive at the medieval, hilltop gem of MONTERIGGIONI, with its ancient walls still perfectly intact. As you stroll through the rustic streets, you will feel as though you are traveling through time into the Renaissance era. Enjoy a more modern espresso or cappuccino before heading to your next destination!
Your tour will continue to the symbolic town of SIENA, famous for its splendid examples of Gothic architecture and its Palio horse race, an annual tradition. Follow your local guide to the intriguing Piazza del Campo, where the magnificent Palazzo Pubblico and Torre del Mangia stand. Next, head to Piazza del Duomo and admire the imposing Cathedral, one of the finest achievements of Italian Gothic architecture. Before leaving Siena, enjoy some free time to exlplore its historic centre at your leisure.
Next, you will head to SAN GIMIGNANO, famous for its white wine – the world renowned Vernaccia, and its skyscrapers, declared a World heritage Site by UNESCO! Enjoy some free time for independent sightseeing, strolling around the narrow streets, and admiring the beautiful, panoramic landscapes from the hilltop viewpoints.
Finally, you will spend some time in the heart of CHIANTI, with its picture-perfect landscapes. After learning the secrets of the Chianti wine production process from the expert owner of the wine estate, indulge in a tasting of the high quality wines, local snacks, and fresh olive oils. Salute!
We will return to Florence filled with memories of a marvelous day in the history and beauty of Tuscany.
- Round trip journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Siena tour with professional guide – if option selected
- Free time in San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Visit to a rustic wine estate in the Chianti area with wine tasting
- Sampling of wines, extra-virgin olive oil and regional products
- Kindly note that the SEMI INDEPENDENT tour option does not include the guided tour in Siena with a professional guide.
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility.
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
- LOW SEASON (From November, 1st until March, 31st): English and Spanish languages are always guaranteed. In order to confirm the excursion in French, German, Italian or Portuguese a minimum of 4 pax is required.
- HIGH SEASON (From April 1st until October 31st): this tour is always available in English and Spanish. Other languages are confirmed as follows:
GERMAN: Monday – min 2 pax
FRENCH: Tuesday, Friday – min 2 pax
PORTUGUESE: Wednesday – min 2 pax
ITALIAN: Saturday, Sunday – min 2 pax
DURATION: 10.5 hours
From Our Blog
REGULAR TOURS – GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tours can be performed in various languages.
Clients are requested to arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the tour departure.
No refund will be given to those clients who do not show up at the meeting point at the set time or to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the tour.
Free cancellation within 48 hours prior the tour departure, unless noted otherwise.
Please note that all the tours by train are not refundable once booked.
CANCELLATION BY THE TOUR OPERATOR
When, for any reason, the Tour Operator cancels the excursion, the client has the right to claim reimbursement, only of the sum paid.
In case of unforeseen circumstances (strikes, road conditions, weather, etc) Ciaoflorence may modify the itinerary with alternative solutions maintaining the duration and quality of the service.
Any complaint by the client must be communicated in writing to Ciaoflorence staff within and no later than 10 business days after the date of the tour.
Complaints or disputes that cannot be resolved amicably between the client and the Tour Operator, shall be referred to the Florence Court.
We will like to go on tour from Florence for the whole day, 10 hours . Please tell me everything we are doing is for 2 people.
Thanks Carmen and Warren