Small Group, Skip the Line
Florence Cathedral Guided Tour
Better known as “the Duomo”, this timeless masterpiece has become the symbol of the city of Florence.
After skipping past the line, you will be immediately struck by the Duomo’s grandiose design, illuminated by the light from its stunning stained glass windows. Your expert guide will take you on a journey through time to discover the history of the creation of the Duomo: from its origins as a VII century small church to how it became the third largest cathedral in the world after St. Peter’s in Rome and St. Paul’s in London.
One of the most fascinating aspects of the Cathedral is the story of how it got its dome. Standing dome-less for more than 100 years, it was Filippo Brunelleschi who finally came up with its ingenious design. Drawing inspiration from the building techniques used in the Pantheon in Rome, the Florence Dome was an architectural revelation and definitely the biggest of its time.
You will also be mesmerized by Zuccari and Vasari’s frescoes, depicting The Last Judgement, on the most extensive surface ever decorated using this painting technique. Thanks to a preferential route reserved exclusively for our group, you can access the area located below the Dome, where you can admire the marvelous fresco of the Last Judgment even closer.
Not just the dome, your guide will point out all of the art and hidden treasures in this monumental structure. As usual, at the end of the tour you are free to stay as long as you like to admire this masterpiece of Florentine architecture.
- Skip the line access to the Duomo of Florence, avoid long lines at the entrance and save your precious vacation time!
- Discover the hidden secrets of the marvelous Duomo of Florence from a professional, local guide
- Enjoy an intimate and personalized experience during this small group tour
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Professional guide
- Skip the line access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo)
- Guided tour of 45 minutes in a small group
- Preferential route reserved exclusively for our group to access the area located below the Dome
- Headphones for larger groups
- Entrance tickets to the Museum of the Misericordia di Firenze