Cooking Class - Gourmet Dinner
The Gourmet Cooking lesson is a hands-on experience that will allow you to create dishes that you can bring back and replicate for friends and family at home. This course is perfect for couples, small groups, families with children (from 7 years), and those who want to have fun in the kitchen learning how to cook traditional Florentine and Italian dishes.
Our Chef will demonstrate and then assist you in making each dish, until you have created your four course meal. After all of your hard work, you will enjoy a dinner of the authentic dishes you created, accompanied by a D.O.C. Tuscan wine, in our Florentine style wine cellar.
COOKING CLASS INFORMATION
Possible menus include:
- Crostini Toscani (Toasted Tuscany bread topped with pâté), Gnocchi alla Sorrentina (Sorrento style gnocchi), Peposo all’Impruneta (stewed meat), and Panna Cotta
- Just Pasta: Lasagne ragù (Lasagna with meat sauce), Gnocchi al zucchini zafferano (potato gnocchi with zucchinis and safron sauce), Gnocchi sardi al pesto Genovese e pomodorini (Sardinian’s style gnocchi with Genovese pesto and cherry tomatoes), Spaghettini Pommarola (spaghettini with tomato sauce), and Tiramisù
- Bruschetta (Toasted Tuscany bread topped with tomatoes), Risotto funghi porcini (risotto with porcini mushrooms), Parmigiana Melanzane (eggplant parmesan), and Zuppa Inglese (trifle)
- Mozzarella in Carrozza (Fried mozzarella sandwiches), Crespelle Fiorentina (Florentine crêpes), Filetto in crosta di olive (olive crusted pork fillet), and Biscotti di Prato (Italian almond biscuits) with Vin Santo
- Florentine Menu (min 4 people): Crostini Fiorentini (Toasted Tuscany bread topped with stracchino -soft cheese- and sausage), Bistecca Fiorentina (Florentine T-bone steak), Papparedelle ragù (pappardelle pasta with meat sauce), and Gelato al cioccolato fondente (dark chocolate gelato)
- Fish menu (min. 4 people): Crostini di mare (Toasted Tuscany bread topped with seafood), Risotto or Spaghetti ai frutti di mare (Risotto or linguini with a fresh seafood sauce), Polpo in Galera (Octopus in jail), and Sorbetto Limone e Vodka (lemon with vodka sorbet)
Dietary Requirements: Vegetarian/vegan options are available, but please advise us at the time of booking. Also, please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions (lactose intolerant, no pork, no seafood, etc.).
Languages: English, Spanish, and Italian
Age Requirements: minimum age, 7 years old
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Prepare your four course meal together under the guidance of expert chefs
- Fun, hands-on class
- Small group sizes
- Enjoy your Florentine dinner with local wine
- Bottled water
- Recipes to take home
Meet at the Cooking School in Via dei Velluti 20(red), Florence. Please note the time of your class (when booking and on your confirmation voucher) and make sure you arrive 15 minutes before the starting time.
Note: Florence street addresses are divided into two categories – black/blue numbers and red numbers. Black/blue numbers are residential, for apartment buildings. Red numbers are reserved for businesses and shops. Red numbers are often found up higher, level with the top on the entrance door. They are also often engraved, and the red paint long since gone, so they appear white. Google is getting better at incorporating Florence’s red numbers but is not always precise.
FlorenceForFun offers the cooking class in collaboration with a cooking school in Florence. Please take note of their terms and conditions which will apply to you in the event that you want to change or cancel your cooking class.
Terms and Conditions
All courses must be paid for in advance. Reservations made on our website can be paid by credit card.
The refund applies only for the booking cancellation until 14 working days before. In case of no show, the refund doesn’t apply.
Refund Policy: A full refund (excluding transaction costs and taxes) is possible if requested 14 working days before your scheduled cooking course. Refunds should be requested in writing by email to email@example.com Please specify the name of the participant/s, the course you signed up for and the date that is was scheduled. Requests made by using the comments section on the website, phone call, text message, or via social media will not receive a response.
In case of no show, no refund will be issued.
Note that the cancellation policy for private lessons is different. Refunds should be requested at least 21 days before the lesson, after which no refund will be issued.
The Cooking School reserves the right to modifying or cancel courses and dates allowing a minimum of 5 days warning. The modification or cancellation of a course gives entitles the participant to reschedule the cooking class or course or request a full refund.
The participants are asked to arrive at the cooking school at least 15 minutes before the start of the course, otherwise they will be considered a no show.
Aggression, bullying, or harassment towards the other participants or the staff is absolutely not tolerated. Management reserves the right to refuse entry or to ask participants to leave if this is disrespected.